TI KAYE’S COVID-19 ENHANCEMENTS AND PROTOCOLS
The evolution of Ti Kaye
Saint Lucia is open to visitors and so are we! We are thrilled to welcome you back to paradise.
Our reservations team is here to guide you through your booking journey and is available to answer all your questions.
Effective February 10, all arrivals to Saint Lucia (5 years and over) must have a negative result from a PCR test taken no more than 5 days before arrival.
All arrivals 18 years and older must complete a Travel Registration form online.
NOTE – SUBMISSION OF THE FORM DOES NOT REQUIRE THE PCR TEST RESULT. THE FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. LOG BACK IN AFTER SUBMISSION TO UPLOAD YOUR TEST RESULT.
All arrivals must receive authorization for travel to Saint Lucia. The authorization will be sent by email and will be based on:
Verified reservations at a COVID-19 certified property or
Verification of COVID-19 PCR test results
You must be able to show your travel authorization on demand. Failure to do so may result in you being denied boarding. Rapid tests/ antibody or antigen tests are NOT accepted.
1. Book your stay in a COVID-19 certified property
2. Complete and submit the Travel Registration form
3. Take your COVID-19 PCR Test no more than 5 days before travel
4. Log into your travel registration to upload your test result before travel.
YOU ARE REMINDED THAT YOU MAY BE DENIED BOARDING IF YOU FAIL TO PRODUCE YOUR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION EMAIL
• All arriving passengers will be screened, this will include temperature checks.
• All symptomatic passengers will be immediately isolated and tested. If test result is positive for COVID-19 the passenger will be transferred to the Respiratory Hospital for treatment and care at their cost.
• Other passengers will be transferred by certified taxi to approved COVID-19 accommodation or to a government quarantine facility.
• Hotel guests who have not arrived in Saint Lucia as Bubble Travelers are required to remain on property for the duration of their stay except to transfer to another COVID-19 certified property to continue their stay, or to participate in certified activities, tours and excursions.
• Guests who spend 14 days in a COVID-19 certified property may then leave the property and travel freely within Saint Lucia.
Ti Kaye Resort and Spa, as part of it is continued efforts to ensure that guests have a worry-free vacation, will, as of January 17th, 2021 offer complementary on-property antigen (rapid) and PCR testing to guests who meet the requirements. Travellers who do not meet said requirements will have access to on-property testing at a fee.
Guests who meet the following requirements qualify for complementary on-property testing:
* Complementary antigen testing for guests who stay for a minimum of 3 nights
* Complementary PCR test for guests who stay for a minimum of 10 nights
If a guest fails to meet the above requirements the following fees apply:
* Antigen testing - $25 USD
* PCR Testing - $105 USD
Testing will be done by our resort nurse several times a week to accommodate all departing guests. Results of the antigen will return from the lab within a few hours and PCR within 24-48 hours post testing.
If results of antigen or PCR tests return positive, the resort will activate action plans. The first step in this plan is to isolate guest and travel companion(s) in their room(s) and begin our internal contact tracing. If guests are asymptomatic, they will be allowed to recover at the resort under the watch of our resort nurse, during which a recovery room rate will apply. We have a limited number of recovery rooms available and once filled up, any other guests will be transferred to a state quarantine facility. If guests become symptomatic, they will be transferred to the nearest Respiratory Clinic. It must be noted that a 10-day period after a positive test is required before guests can reschedule their departure flight. (contact airlines for more details). Guests may choose at any point to acquire private medical transfers back to their country of origin.
Since our reopening on November 1st, 2020, we have maintained our health and safety promise to our guests and will continue to do so. We enforce all COVID-19 protocols at our property and ensure that policies are reviewed weekly as part of our system spot-check. Travel insurance is highly recommended at this time.
Ti Kaye has its own fleet of COVID-Certified Taxis and we would be more than happy to arrange your transfer to and from the resort.
• On arrival at the resort, you will be welcomed into our lobby by our team, who will administer a non-invasive mandatory temperature check and escort you to our lobby. You will be offered a welcome drink of your choice which you can choose to enjoy in the lobby or in the comfort of your room.
• Luggage will be sanitized and placed in your room.
• Paperwork will be saved for later, as we have placed your check in documents in your room. You can complete and return to the front desk by dinnertime along with your credit card.
• You will be escorted to your room by our bellhop.
* Guests who go out on a Botin excursion are not allowed to disembark into the various communities at this time.
A selection of attractions and excursions is available (see below). Please note that reservations are required.
• Atlantic Shores Riding Stables
• Diamond Waterfalls & Botanical Gardens
• Gros Piton Nature Trail
• International Pony Club
• Island ATV St. Lucia
• Lucian Style Experience
• Lushan Country Life
• Pigeon Island National Landmark
• Rainforest Adventures
• Sandy Hoofs St. Lucia
• Splash Island Water Park
• Sulphur Springs Mud Baths
Kai Manje Restaurant
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at the Kai Manje restaurant. Our restaurant has been reconfigured to provide a 6ft minimum space between each table. Face masks are required until you are seated.
You also have the option of ordering room service via your in-room telephone.
Our Cliff Bar offers drinks from 3 pm – 11 pm daily and has also been reconfigured to maintain social distancing.
Our award-winning wine cellar – Wine Kave is open and will offer wine tasting to a maximum number of guests. Social distancing is mandatory in the cellar.
Ti Manje Restaurant and Bar
Like our main restaurant, our beach restaurant has also been laid out with social distancing in mind. Face masks are required until you are seated.
Our entire food and beverage team including the kitchen team have been fully trained in the proper use of PPE, revised sanitization and food preparation rules and our resort ensures that everyone has a clean bill of health.
Housekeeping: you have the option to opt in or opt out of Housekeeping for up to 3 days, however on day 4, it is mandatory for us to change your linen.
Maintenance: if you have a maintenance issue, you can contact the front desk who will get you help. Maintenance will attend to the issue swiftly.
If you are occupying the room at the time of their visit, we ask that you keep observing all protocols (masks and social distancing).
Beach loungers, railings, water sports equipment etc. will be sanitized frequently.
• We ask that you make use of the sanitization stations all over property.
• Masks are a big part of our protocol; therefore, we ask that you wear your mask in all areas that are marked with special signage. Our staff will continue to wear their masks throughout their shift. Masks are not required at the beach, pool and once you are seated at the restaurant or bar.
• Signage to guide you has been erected at key locations at the resort, so we urge you to play your part.
• Our staff have been trained by the Ministry of Environmental Health and have all received a clean bill of health prior to returning to work on November 1 2020.
• Our staff undergo mandatory screening on arrival at the resort and are randomly checked during the day.
• Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
• Employees and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, while at the property, are instructed to immediately notify their manager or resort security, who will immediately activate our protocols.
• We are required to submit a daily report to the Epidemiology Unit on health status of guest and staff based on the parameters and reporting instrument that will be provided by the Epidemiology Unit.
• We have a House Doctor and nurse on call 24 hours.
• The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high touch areas.
• Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean suite, toilet seats, handles, doors, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, in-suite control panels, light switches, luggage racks and flooring.
• Departure rooms will be out of inventory for 24 hours after guest departure, to ensure deep sanitization.
• Linen is laundered off-property by a trusted vendor who uses industry standards and in in accordance with CDC guidelines.