Ti Kaye’s COVID-19 Enhancements and Protocols
Ti Kaye Resort and Spa is a COVID Certified Hotel. This means that we have implemented set protocols and have passed a strict inspection by the Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Environmental Health. Our protocols were designed with guests and employee safety in mind. We will continuously make improvements to said protocols as the situation remains very fluid.
Our reservations team is here to guide you through your booking journey and is available to answer all your questions.
The Government of Saint Lucia has updated the entry requirements for Saint Lucia effective 2nd April 2022 and wishes to inform the travelling public of the following:
1. Fully vaccinated travelers* – there is no requirement for a pre-travel test or quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers. Fully vaccinated travellers must present a valid vaccination record.
2. Unvaccinated travellers aged 5 years and older must have a valid negative STANDARD COVID-19 PCR test done within 5 days prior to arrival.
3. Travellers are required to show the following documents at check-in (airline/carrier) and on arrival, and these should be easily retrievable at all times. Printed documents are preferred; however, electronic copies are acceptable.
• Valid test result (if relevant)
• Vaccine proof (if relevant)
4. The Saint Lucia Health Screening form is also a requirement upon arrival. This form is available and can be downloaded via www.stlucia.org, and must be completed before disembarking for ease of processing.
5. Unvaccinated travellers arriving without tests or with the wrong type of test will be retested on arrival at their own cost and will be required to remain in quarantine until the test result is known. In the event of submission of fraudulent documents, the traveller (s) will be subject to fines and penalties according to the laws of Saint Lucia.
6. The Ministry of Health and Wellness reserves the right to random test any traveller to the island regardless of documentation or other requirements, obligation or condition required for entry into Saint Lucia.
IMPORTANT: Agents (airline/ship) must ensure that travellers have their vaccine proof or negative tests as noted above before granting permission to board. Persons who refuse to provide proof of the requirements should not be boarded.
*Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have passed since the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or a single-dose vaccine. Vaccine proof must be presented.
Travellers are further advised to visit www.stlucia.org for full details of the entry requirements.
• All arriving passengers must adhere to all protocols relevant to airport.
• All arriving passengers will be screened, this will include temperature checks.
• All symptomatic passengers will be immediately isolated and tested. If test result is positive for COVID-19 the passenger will be transferred to the Respiratory Hospital for treatment and care at their cost.
• Other passengers will be transferred by certified taxi to approved COVID-19 accommodation or to a government quarantine facility.
• Hotel guests who have not arrived in Saint Lucia as Bubble Travelers are required to remain on property for the duration of their stay except to transfer to another COVID-19 certified property to continue their stay, or to participate in certified activities, tours and excursions.
• Guests who spend 14 days in a COVID-19 certified property may then leave the property and travel freely within Saint Lucia.
Bookings made as of Dec 5, 2021, that require testing will be billed directly to the guest at the following prices:
- Antigen testing – $25 USD per person
- PCR Testing – $350 per person
Antigen testing will be done by our resort nurse daily. Our team will schedule tests according to departure date and that could include the day of departure. Results of the antigen will return from the lab within a 2-4 hour time frame.
PCR testing is done onsite. 48-hour notification needed.
If results of antigen or PCR tests return positive, the resort will activate action plans:
- The first step in this plan is to isolate guest and travel companion(s) in their room(s) and begin our internal contact tracing. If the positive result came back from an antigen test, the second step will be to get the guest to the closest polyclinic for a PCR test.
- If guests are asymptomatic, they will be allowed to recover at the resort under the watch of our resort nurse, during which a recovery room rate will apply. We have a limited number of recovery rooms available and once filled up, any other guests will be transferred to a state quarantine facility.
- If guests become symptomatic, they will be transferred to the nearest Respiratory Clinic. It must be noted that a 10-day period after a positive test is required before guests can reschedule their departure flight. (Contact airlines for more details). Guests may choose at any point to acquire private medical transfers back to their country of origin.
Clearance to depart after testing positive will be given by the Ministry of Health Saint Lucia.
As your arrival date draws near, you are required to provide us with your flight details if you have not already done so.
Ti Kaye has its own fleet of COVID-Certified Taxis, and we would be more than happy to arrange your transfer to and from the resort.
Your check in process will be a breeze but will require adherence to all protocols. Face masks must be kept on during the briefing process and a 6ft distance must be maintained.
• On arrival at the resort, you will be welcomed into our lobby by our team, who will administer a non-invasive mandatory temperature check and escort you to our lobby. You will be offered a welcome drink of your choice which you can choose to enjoy in the lobby or in the comfort of your room.
• Luggage will be sanitized and placed in your room.
• Paperwork will be saved for later, as we have placed your check in documents in your room. You can complete and return to the front desk by dinnertime along with your credit card.
• You will be escorted to your room by our bellhop.
All our amenities are available at this time. This includes; our fitness center, Kai Koko Spa, Island Divers Dive Shop, Botin Excursions* and non-motorized waters sports such as kayaking, paddle boarding, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
* Guests who go out on a Botin excursion are not allowed to disembark into the various communities at this time.
A selection of attractions and excursions is available (see below). Please note that reservations are required.
• Atlantic Shores Riding Stables
• Diamond Waterfalls & Botanical Gardens
• Gros Piton Nature Trail
• International Pony Club
• Island ATV St. Lucia
• Lucian Style Experience
• Lushan Country Life
• Pigeon Island National Landmark
• Rainforest Adventures
• Sandy Hoofs St. Lucia
• Splash Island Water Park
• Sulphur Springs Mud Baths
All our food outlets are open at this time and offer full service to our guests.
Kai Manje Restaurant
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served at the Kai Manje restaurant. Our restaurant has been reconfigured to provide a 6ft minimum space between each table. Face masks are required until you are seated.
You also have the option of ordering room service via your in-room telephone.
Our Cliff Bar offers drinks from 3 pm – 11 pm daily and has also been reconfigured to maintain social distancing.
Our award-winning wine cellar – Wine Kave is open and will offer wine tasting to a maximum number of guests. Social distancing is mandatory in the cellar.
Ti Manje Restaurant and Bar
Like our main restaurant, our beach restaurant has also been laid out with social distancing in mind. Face masks are required until you are seated.
Our entire food and beverage team including the kitchen team have been fully trained in the proper use of PPE, revised sanitization and food preparation rules and our resort ensures that everyone has a clean bill of health.
Our team follows strict protocols to protect themselves and you our guests.
Housekeeping: you have the option to opt in or opt out of Housekeeping for up to 3 days, however on day 4, it is mandatory for us to change your linen.
Maintenance: if you have a maintenance issue, you can contact the front desk who will get you help. Maintenance will attend to the issue swiftly.
If you are occupying the room at the time of their visit, we ask that you keep observing all protocols (masks and social distancing).
Guests are not required to wear masks at the beach, however social distancing is enforced.
Beach loungers, railings, water sports equipment etc. will be sanitized frequently.
• We ask that you comply with daily mandatory temperature checks; once at breakfast and once at dinner.
• We ask that you make use of the sanitization stations all over property.
• Masks are a big part of our protocol; therefore, we ask that you wear your mask in all areas that are marked with special signage. Our staff will continue to wear their masks throughout their shift. Masks are not required at the beach, pool and once you are seated at the restaurant or bar.
• Signage to guide you, has been erected at key locations at the resort, so we urge you to play your part.
• Our staff have been trained by the Ministry of Environmental Health and have all received a clean bill of health prior to returning to work on November 1 2020.
• Our staff undergo mandatory screening on arrival at the resort and are randomly checked during the day.
• Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a co-worker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
• Employees and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, while at the property, are instructed to immediately notify their manager or resort security, who will immediately activate our protocols.
• We are required to submit a daily report to the Epidemiology Unit on health status of guest and staff based on the parameters and reporting instrument that will be provided by the Epidemiology Unit.
• We have a House Doctor and nurse on call 24 hours.
• The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high touch areas.
• Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean suite, toilet seats, handles, doors, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, in-suite control panels, light switches, luggage racks and flooring.
• Departure rooms will be out of inventory for 24 hours after guest departure, to ensure deep sanitization.
• Linen is laundered off-property by a trusted vendor who uses industry standards and in in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Have further questions? Please ask.